Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Maiden Voyage

God recently blessed me with an iMac computer. It has taken some time get everything set up and all things working as they should. The last item today included getting it set up to log into my blog to start writing from this computer. As of this writing, 32,500 visits to this site have been registered. There have been a grand total of 707 articles posted. This one will make 708. 

Now I am trying out the new computer on a maiden run. So far I like it a lot. I am staring at a 27 inch monitor. Everything is clear. The keyboard, which is taking a little getting used to, is clicking faster and faster as my fingers get adjusted to this new layout. 

On this maiden voyage, what is on my mind? What do I feel inspired to write? An arrow. I wanted to type an arrow key, but all it serves is as a space key. Picture an arrow. The point of this blog, and others is simple. They are arrows pointing people to God. Pointing people to Jesus. Pointing people to Bible truth. 

They are written with the hopes God might use them to challenge, inspire, comfort or encourage other people on their faith journey by pointing them constantly to God, Jesus and the Bible. I have no marketing department to increase frequenters. It is solely by word of mouth. 

On this maiden voyage, I wonder how many future articles will be written. I wonder who will read them. How God might use them to help others. I wonder if God will spread them around the world. I can't see any of that as I launch out on this new tool. All I see is a big blank white screen dotted with a few black letters as I type. 

Who out there needs hope? In recent days I have ministered to a person who fell and broke their hip. I prayed with a man battling Corona in the hospital also fighting double pneumonia. I prayed for another who fell in the shower today. I prayed for a man battling heart problems along with suffering with degenerative back issues making him contemplate early retirement. People are hurting and suffering. I offer the hope of God as a refuge and very present help in trouble. [Ps 46:1] 

How many feel like giving up. The challenges seem to tough and grade too steep to make it to the top. It is all so discouraging and overwhelming despair swoops down like a bird of prey. I offer [Ps 27:13-14] and [Gal 6:9]

How many are facing impossible situations. I point you to [Matt 19:26] and to [Mark 11:23-24]. 

How many are grieving? I point you to [Ps 34:18]. 

God is both our help and our hope. He is our strength. [Is 41:10]. He is our peace. {Phil 4:6-7]. He is our provider. [Phil 4:19]. 

On this maiden voyage, I ask you to share the link if you find these things helpful. If you have time could you manage a prayer that God would anoint and inspire me to keep writing arrows pointing others to Him. May He get all and any glory that ever come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment