Monday, December 28, 2020

I Work For The Great Physician

 One of our ladies recently had a medical procedure done. She received much comfort from a medical worker who told her that he worked for the Great Physician and would pray for her during the procedure. This is a medical worker who gets it. He  sees the bigger mission to minister for Jesus. Such people are missionaries in disguise. 

I wish all Christians had that same mentality. To be on mission for God no matter where they live or what they do. The baseball player can be a missionary on the diamond just as much as the housewife who volunteers her time to local non profit ministries. The man at the boundary can witness and serve Jesus just as much as the construction worker. The lawyer can do the same with clients just like the CEO to employees.

You can serve Jesus and be on mission for Him at school, work, on sports teams, at social functions, to famliy, with neighbors and roommates. 

Do you work for Jesus? Do you labor for Him? Do you serve Him by serving others? Do you volunteer for Him?

When my sons were school aged, I coached them in sports. Football, baseball, basketball and even some soccer. I enjoyed that extra time with them. I also used those opportunities to work for Jesus. I actually led a young man to faith in Jesus before a baseball practice. I saw a man and several in his family get saved I coached football along side. I prayed before games on the pitcher's mound on baseball diamonds and at center court  before basketball gamers. I did devotions after practice and before games with the players. It was all about working for Jesus. 

I hope you will choose to do the same. Work for Him while you have the chance. Life is too short to just go through life serving yourself. Work for Him. Work for something greater than money, success and recognition. Labor for the Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment