Friday, February 21, 2020

I Am

Driving yesterday I heard a song with the words "I am," in the lyrics. I got to thinking about all the things that I am. Here goes. 

I am weak. I am a sinner prone to wander and leave the God I love. I am dependent on God for help. I am powerless apart from God's help through the Holy Spirit. I am insignificant apart from my relationship with Jesus. I am well intentioned, but often weak on follow through. I am nothing apart from Jesus. Everything good in my life I owe to Him. My salvation. My wife and sons. My calling to preach. My friends. All benefits of Jesus. 

I am saved. I am redeemed. I am a child of God. I am blood bought. I am declared righteous. I am a follower of Jesus. I am a man on a relentless pursuit to know God. I am a Bible student. I am a gospel preacher. I am an under-shepherd. I am a husband and father. I am blessed. All of it I owe to God. 

Here are things that God says about Himself. I Am. I am holy. I am just. I am righteous. I am Almighty. I am wise. I am sovereign. I am King. I am Jehovah. I am Yahweh. I am Lord. I am Heavenly Father. I am merciful. I am loving. I am gracious. I am slow to anger. I am eternal. I am Creator. I am Redeemer. I am King of Kings. I am in control. I am compassionate. I am a present help in troubled times. I am the Great Shepherd. I am peace in the storm. I am strength to the weak. I am the Light of the World. I am the Bread of Life. I am the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. I am the Lamb of God. I am the Prince of Peace. I am Provider. I am Sustainer. I am Omniscient and Omnipresent. I am Father to the fatherless. I am Deliverer. I am Healer. I am Wisdom. I am Revealer. I am the Giver of Abundant Life. I am coming again. 

In comparison to all that God is, has been and forever will be, I am nothing. He must increase, and I must decrease. I am a devoted servant to the Great I Am. 

Exodus 3:14 (NKJV) 

14  And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.' " 

No comments:

Post a Comment