Friday, November 8, 2019

Another Miracle Story II

I prayed for weeks about the need for tires on my truck. They were getting in bad shape. Months ago someone bought me two back tires. The front tires still had a little mileage left ton them. I used it up. I drive a lot each week. I didn't broadcast it. I kept bringing it to God asking Him to help me. I did this for the better part of a month with no answer.

I received a text from Brenda with a picture she sent.  Underneath the picture she wrote, "I am literally in tears." I had to enlarge the picture to make it out. The picture was of a check sent to us for the total of $1,000. The people who sent it were part of a church we served nearly a decade ago. Along with the check they sent a card. They wrote, "We have felt like we needed to send this for weeks." Only God could have connected our prayers, with those people we seldom have contact with, prompt them to give sacrificially at the right time to meet needs for us.

We praised God. I got my tires. Then the next crisis came. Tanner called to say someone stole his rent money from his wallet in the locker room. He did not have anything. In order to pay his part of the rent and utilities we sent him $350. We used that same miracle money to meet this need. God foresaw and met the need not only for us but also for our son.

This week I noticed an odd sound coming from the front of my truck. It seemed to progressively get worse as the week passed. I had one of our deacons drive it who used to work as a mechanic. He diagnosed the problem quickly. I had a ball bearing going out in the front left wheel. He offered to repair it before I go out of town next week on a mission trip. The cost $125. Again we used that same miracle money. I praise God for it and for the vessels who sent it.

That couple did not foresee all of those circumstances that presented themselves as challenges over the past two weeks. Even in the midst of trials God still came through and met every need.

There are still other mountains before us, but the same God who worked to get us through these past few trials is the same God who will get us through the next ones as well. Each time He works to help us is another opportunity I get to brag on Him. He has everything we will EVER NEED already in His possession. I trust Him to do what He did last week for the rest of my days so I can testify about how He answered another prayer.

I used to dread and even resent the challenges that come with this faith journey. I look at things differently. Sometimes the trials get me down. Instead of shunning them, I have learned to embrace them because with each challenge, our faith is tested and strengthened. We get to see God come through and we get to tell our stories to those who will listen. It is the latest in what has been decades of miracles stories. I look forward to the next ones I believe are on the horizon.

Psalm 24:1 (ESV)
1 The earth is the LORD’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,

Psalm 50:10-12 (ESV)
10  For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills.
11  I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine.
12  “If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are mine.

God has at His disposal all the money any of us will ever need. He has access to vehicles, houses, furniture, clothing, food, televisions, cell phones,  and anything on this planet we could ever need. When His children have a need, His storehouse is always well stocked and full. He never gives out of sacrifice because He owns everything. He always provides out of abundance. No need is to big for His supply. He also is powerful enough to get what He has into your possession when you have a need without you telling anyone but Him. He has countless vessels around the world who are available to give as He prompts them. When you have a need He owns the cattle on a thousands hills. He can sell some off to come through for you.

For my family most recently it was $1,000. Then He gave us a television. Seriously. Brenda's boss bought a new one for their office and was going to throw the old one away. A 55" flat screen. Brenda asked if she could have it. That large television is sitting in my office waiting to be moved into the parsonage. Little by little we are beholding God furnish the parsonage that will be our home away from home for the next 18 months. Yes, God even has access to televisions. I am amazed at what He is able to do. I look forward to telling you the next miracle stories. They have already been asked in faith. We eagerly anticipate the answers for His glory.

What He has done for my family He is more than able to do for you too. Keep praying and trusting. Your miracle might just be around the corner and then it will be your turn to testify.


No comments:

Post a Comment