Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Another Miracle Story

He did it again. God did it again. He took our small faith and prayers and connected them to His miracle supply and worked again. I am sure you get tired of hearing these stories, but I assure you I never grow tired of sharing them. I pray I many more to share until my last breath. I hope to leave a written record of what God can do through prayer.

Most people know that though we serve Spring Creek Baptist Church in Weatherford, TX, we still reside in Runaway Bay, TX. It is exactly one hour from my drive way to the church parking lot. We promised Turner we would let him graduate from Paradise High School where he has attended all but two years. We are happy to do this and multiple times a week I commute to the office and on Wednesdays and Sunday. It has been three months now. The drive is not bad. I use it most days to pray.

I have been praying some very specific prayers as we prepare for that transition to live over here in Weatherford permanently.  The church owns a parsonage that just became vacant. We plan to set it up as a home away from home on the weekends and for me during the week when I have late meetings to have a place to sleep. I have been praying to make that transition possible.

Today God answered a very specific prayer I have prayed for the past several weeks toward that end. I got a phone call from one of our members telling me about a bed, box spring, and mattress that will soon be set up in the parsonage. This person did not know how Brenda and felt about sleeping on a used bed. When I told this person I had been praying for that specific thing for the past several weeks, we both rejoiced. I also learned, not only will there be a bed, but a matching dresser with it. Again something I specifically asked God for as well.

It is not coincidence that I prayed for that very thing. We do not have a spare bed. They are all occupied when the boys are home from college. Truth is there have been times when two of the sons had to share a bed or one sleep on an air mattress. God heard and once again met a need in our lives through answered prayer. I am giddy with excitement over this.

I prayed something very specific. I asked God for each piece of those things donated today. A bed, mattress, box spring and dresser. I stood on faith and God honored it. Blessing us with the very things we asked Him to provide. This is just one more instance when we get to prove Him through prayer. This is another opportunity we have to brag on Him and glorify Him. I love telling these miracle stories, and I love getting to live out faith and prayer to demonstrate God's faithfulness to a watching world. Hallelujah! Praise His holy name!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! You're sharing the joy of His working in your life, that brings us joy in the Body too.

    ReplyDelete