Saturday, April 20, 2024

Sweetly Surrenderd

 You say take up the cross and to come follow, 
Sometimes that is hard to stomach and swallow, 
A call to chase hard after You on this highway. 
Surrendered to Your will not having it my way, 
An invitation to adventure beyond imagination, 
Leading to numerous unknown wild destinations, 
A call to take leaps of faith requiring much belief, 
Finding You always catch when I leap, to my relief, 
The cliffs are very high and jumps are still frightening, 
When You reveal Your will through divine enlightening, 
How can I refuse to follow my Lord Jesus Redeemer, 
You cannot stomach luke warm living inbetweeners, 
So, this day anew I choose resolved to sweetly surrender, 
Because Your death fuels to not forget but always remember,
My life is laid down on the altar to You offered crucified,  
It is in following You consecrated that I'm truly satisfied. 


No comments:

Post a Comment