Wednesday, September 30, 2020

My Candidate

 The Presidential election is about a month away. The signs are everywhere. Political advertisements. Signs in yards and on fences. The line has been drawn in the sand. One debate is behind us. 

I did not watch the debate. I caught some highlights (or should I say lowlights) this morning. After watching several clips, I am glad I did not watch the debate. Are you telling me that is the best America has to put on stage? Three grown men shouting over each other, not exercising decorum,  statesmanship, politeness or the least respect for the others. Lies were spoken. Biased ran throughout. What little I viewed looked chaotic. It is what I expected. Nauseating. 

Biden has been in politics for 47 years. What does His record show? Trump has been in politics for almost four years. What does his record show? 

In one of the most critical times in our country, we have grown men acting like junior high students. I will be perfectly honest. I do not put my hope in Joe Biden for America. Nor do I put trust in Donald Trump for the future of the United States. 

If America is to ever become great again we must turn to my candidate. A true leader. A person with a true following. Someone who has integrity. A person of action. Someone who works with all kinds of people. An individual totally secure and with tough skin to withstand constant criticism. One with courage and conviction. A bold leader to get us back on track. 

Only my candidate will not be on the ballot at the polls. He is on the ballot of people's heart. If you have not already guessed, my candidate is Jesus Christ. He is a revolutionary. He is a Healer. He is a Redeemer. He unites. He rescues. He is the only hope for this sin infested nation. 

Andrae Crouch wrote these words. "Jesus is the answer for the world today. Above Him there is no other, Jesus is the way. Jesus is the answer for the world today." It will take more than a candidate from a political party to help this country. 

Truth be told I have zero confidence in people in Washington. They promise to look out of our best interests and quickly get sucked into voting to protect their self interests and careers over their constituents. Integrity is nearly extinct there. Corruption struts down the halls. 

Jesus if faithful. He is powerful. He is wise. He is a transformer. I desire Him to lead and rule this country. I long for people to wake up from Hollywood to the backwoods, from the Whitehouse to our house, from coast to coast, from the Big Apple to the apple orchards, from the swamps to the deserts, from the prairies to the hill country we need Jesus to turn the hearts of people back to Him. No man will ever fix this country. Jesus can. I choose Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment