Monday, September 14, 2020

10,000 miles

 I just read something that shocked me from a mundane Monday. So bewildered by the statement on printed page, I had to research further. What I discovered proved even more bewildering. There is a pastor in China whom they call "Pastor Bike." He rides his bike to visit people and share the gospel with other villages. 

In 1998 it was estimated that Pastor Bike cycled over 10,000 miles. Over 10,500 to be more precise. He rode to 24 different provinces. He got harassed and detained by police repeatedly, but that did not deter him. He is still working for Jesus today. 

He leads an average of 2-3 people to Jesus everyday! I did the math. Say he averaged 2.5 people a day. He wins over 912 people to Christ each year.  I am shamed. I have not led anyone to Jesus since June. It was reported he baptized hundreds last year. At Spring Creek we baptized 2 last year. Again I am shamed. 

Even in the midst of persecution, in a gospel closed country, Pastor Bike proves the gospel still works. Sadly, in America we talk a big game but how few give a verbal witness. I am convicted I do not do it nearly enough. May I repent and be a more zealous and faithful witness for Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment