Wednesday, March 25, 2020

No Soliciting

I recently did some door to door visiting along with several others from Spring Creek. I knocked on this one door and a man answered reluctantly. I identified myself and he stopped me pointing to a sign on the  storm door that read, "No Soliciting." To solicit is to ask someone for something. I was not asking anything from that man or the many other homes I visited.

I desired to give away. To share Jesus. To give a dvd about His life. To invite people to worship. In a no soliciting world, people are not even willing to receive the greatest news in the whole world. People need some good news but few have any.

Last week I stopped in an auto parts store. I asked ,Jesus, the young cashier, if he knew any good news. He told me not lately. In just a few seconds I said, "I know some. Jesus Christ loves you so much He died on a cross so you could be forgiven for all your sins. Have you ever asked Him for that?"

Jesus had not and was not interested in doing so at that moment. I went on to assure him he could ask for that anywhere at anytime.

The world wonders what we Christians are selling. They want to know our angle. What we are really after. It is hard for them to understand we are not selling. We are offering the free gift of salvation through Jesus. It is a wonderful gift. A cure for the human disease of depravity. A gift that heals and restores families. A gift that sets people free. A gift of rescuing people from eternal torment in hell.

I should not be surprised. Jesus said broad was the way that leads to destruction and many travel that path. He also said that way to eternal life is narrow and few find it. That means more people are headed for hell than are heading for heaven. A sobering thought.

Think about it. Pagan, progressive thinkers, and politically correct individuals all march through life along with the masses. They listen to the same kinds of people and march blissfully, but blindly along the prescribed paths. Everything seems well. What they do not see is the spiritual reality. Masses of people marching in cadence with one another toward a cliff falling off into a bottomless pit. Daily people march blindly right off that cliff when they die. They never repent. They never believe. They never get saved. They breathe their last breath here and stand before Righteous God. A loving and merciful God. Only in that moment, He stands as a just judge. The facts have all been recorded so there is a legal account of past offenses. There is no defense. No excuses. The sentence is passed down. Eternal damnation. Forever torment. The wrath of God for those who refused to listen. Who said, "No listening." Who rejected gospel truth. Who denied Jesus, Heaven, and Hell. There is suffering never ending. In that moment, I am confident people will regret the no soliciting attitude.

Tens of thousands upon tens of thousands perish into that abyss because they would not listen. They would not even consider the truth. They go to their graves closed minded and dogmatic. Dogmatic to the death. In that twinkling of an eye they discover how wrong they were. It is too late.

In these troubling times Christians are sharing the good news of Jesus more frequently it seems. They are seeking to meet the needs of those around them all in an effort to share the love of Jesus Christ. I hope people will listen. I hope they will investigate more closely. I hope they will seek to discover the truth. I hope they will respond in faith and trust Jesus for His free gift of salvation. I hope they will get connected with a Bible teaching church.

It is not soliciting. It is giving. Keep on church. Let us keep up the work of rescuing the perishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment