Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Pit

Lord, it is so hard to see clearly from this pit,
Where I long to escape and don't feel like I fit,
Time drags on so slowly from my private pain,
Will I ever know my freedom and rejoice again,
Days turned into weeks, then months then years,
Prayers have been mixed with faith and many tears,
Nothing changes - from what I see things get worse,
It feels like I'm saddled  and am living under Your curse,
I see no way of exit, no deliverance, only these walls,
Like a captured stallion forced to live between stalls,
I long to be free from this prison of no visible escape,
To know liberty of mind and heart as I contemplate,
You sit enthroned above earth nothing hidden in sight,
You have the ability to shine bright in darkest of nights,
You are not deaf that You cannot hear nor understand,
This is not what I had purposed nor what I had planned,
In this dungeon pit I sit desperate for any sign of hope,
Yearning for You to lower a long desired rescue rope,
I trust You have not forgotten Your servant here below,
Why You delay I don't comprehend and cannot know,
In misery gripping Your faithfulness alone, I must wait,
Believing You are rarely early but never are You late,
In this pit I trust You will come to bring me safely through,
In this pit all I really have is a deeply wounded faith in You.





No comments:

Post a Comment