Friday, May 31, 2019

Once Again

In a world whirling by faster at breakneck speed,
I pause to seek You for You alone what we need,
In a world filled with other's and my private pain,
The tears fall deep in my heart like cascading rain,
There are so many words I hate and abhor to hear,
Like death, cancer, divorce they keep on each year,
They suffer, bleed, hurt treading through their days,
Living wounded in confusion like dense foggy hays,
I feel powerless to intervene with a helping hand,
As I watch their worlds crumble in shifting sand,
I intercede pleading for You to bring them through,
What they really need is fresh encounters with You,
I have no great words of wisdom to help or heal,
I can only come to Your throne of grace and kneel,
There is nothing greater I can do for flock and friend,
So I lift each of them to You in prayer once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment