Friday, May 31, 2019

Nothing

I sat here for the past several minutes watching the cursor blink on the title line. I am going through a bit of writer's block. I stare at a blank screen with voluminous thoughts racing around in my head but nothing gels. For a number of days I just have nothing to write. The words will not come. The messages feel clogged in my mental and spiritual plumbing like a clogged pipe.

Not there are not topics. There is material. Just nothing that touches and inspires me at this time. This pastor is working with a wounded heart. Nothing in my personal life or my family. It's the pain of watching others suffer. I have this sick and empty hollow feeling in my gut. While the world goes on around me my heart and thoughts are largely focused on those battered and bruised by life. I am only able to escape these thoughts for fleeting periods.

Last week we received one bad news item after another. It was not a good week. Tragedy. Fragile families crumbling. Sickness and disease. Even death. Many times Brenda and I have been moved to the point of tears after hearing the bad news. Watching people you love suffer is hard. It weighs heavy.

We're a little dazed. Still standing but wobbly on our feet. And I have nothing to write. It's all too painful and private at the moment. Not that I do not think about writing nearly everyday. Today is not the first time I logged on here and just had nothing to say. Each time I clicked to close this program because I had nothing.

I trust soon God will turn nothing into an abundance of material. Until then I wait and I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment