Thursday, April 25, 2019

Lesson From My Morning Commute

When I left the house this morning the sun was just rising. After days of rain the clouds were breaking and streaks of blue sky broke through. Eventually the clouds gave way to beautiful blue skies. I drove in silence taking in the majesty of God's creation via the backroads between Runaway Bay and Weatherford.

About 30 minutes into the drive it all changed. I drove up a hill and around a curve and suddenly all was engulfed in a dense fog. The thick kind making it difficult to see ahead and where moisture gathers on the windshield. One minute I drove in blissful conditions. The next I could barely see the taillights of the vehicle in front of me.

Life is like that. One moment all is going well with smooth sailing and the next thing you know you are surrounded in fog obscuring the path ahead.

Just because the fog obscured my view of the blue sky above did not mean it wasn't there. Just because tribulations obscure our view of God and His truth does not mean He is not there and His true does not remain. We can lose our way. We get confused. We find future steps unsure. God still remains.

God still remains when everything we hold secure gets jerked out from underneath us. God remains steadfast when the winds of adversity howl and the gusts push us off our feet. God remains in control though the fog of fatigue, failure and frustration.

1 Thessalonians 5:24 (NKJV)
24  He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment