Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Yearning

 I do not yearn for riches or for world-wide fame, 
Nor for social media ever to mention my name, 
I do not yearn to hear men's thunderous applause, 
To be so well adorned it would make others pause, 
I do not yearn for the blessings this world can give, 
Deceived that they would make life better to live, 
No, I yearn for more of my Master and my Maker, 
I yearn for the One who is a powerful soul Shaker, 
The God of wonders and all this majestic creation, 
I yearn for joyous worship saturated with elation, 
A church holy, consecrated filled with God's fire, 
Experiencing God in fullness taken so much higher, 
I yearn for souls around the world to be awakened, 
So, when the rapture comes, they all will be taken, 
I yearn for saved sinners to go and make disciples, 
Boldly sharing gospel truth from well-worn Bibles, 
I yearn for a church to offer up fervent intercessions, 
So, this nation won't continue this path of regression, 
That God would awake this sin deceived woke culture, 
Like a dead carcass to be devoured by demon vultures,
I yearn for awakening a world-wide Jehovah movement, 
That produces lasting wholesale societal improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment