Sunday, December 2, 2018

28 Days To Trust And Obey

I invite you on a journey today. A faith journey. For the next 28 days I invite you on a pilgrimage with your God to believe Him for the impossible in your life and community of believers.

The concept is simple. I invite you over the next 28 days to fast and pray for something impossible. I know a church that will fast and pray for the elimination of the debt on their facilities. I know people who will trust God for vehicles, the salvation of loved ones, healing, provision, spiritual victories and the list could go on.

For 28 Days you are challenged to pray like you have never prayed. To pound on the doors of heaven like the relentless widow in [Luke 18:1-7]. To ask, seek, and knock incessantly. [Matt 7:7-8] To believe Him for the impossible. [Matt 19:26]

I am also inviting you to fast. You have the freedom to determine the level of your fast. Some may opt for a total fast from food for the next 28 days. Some may choose to fast from certain meals or certain types of food. Others may fast from television or social media. The purpose of the fast is to deny yourself something for the express purpose of spending extra time in prayer. Each time you feel the hunger pangs it is a reminder to pray.

I also invite you to a celebration on December 30th at Heritage Baptist Church. We will end the fast with a fellowship meal that day followed by testimonies after the fellowship meal to celebrate what God did for His people in response to all their prayers.

I will try my best to write daily devotions for these next 28 days which can be found at:
www.followhard638.blogspot.com
www.heritagebaptistweatherford.com

I hope you will journey with us on this pilgrimage of faith. For just a moment I want you to fast forward in your mind to Dec 30th and exactly what it is you want God to do for you. I want you to visualize that thing you desire so desperately. Can you see it? Can you see yourself rejoicing? Keep that in mind. Now, your job is to labor and travail to give birth to that miracle. What you see in your mind by faith now pray to give birth to it in reality so the world can see how great your God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment