Friday, May 27, 2022

Unexpected Blessing

 I was out of town when I received a text from one of our ladies in the church. She reported a man had come by to see me. He left her an envelope to give to me when I returned. She did not know the man and he did not leave his name. 

I returned home after a preaching assignment about a week later. She handed me to the envelope after our worship service. The envelope had a hand written message on it, "May God bless in your mission." The only mission I could think of was the upcoming Camp Meeting. I shoved the envelope in my pocket and continued visiting with folks before they exited the sanctuary. 

When I got home, Brenda was in our bedroom sitting in a chair waiting on me to go to lunch. I turned my back to her and pulled the envelope and opened it. I could not believe my eyes. It was filled with cash. Upon closer examination, it was filled with $100 bills. I started counting shielding Brenda from what I was doing. One, two, three, four, five,...$1,000. There was more. $2,000. I was well into counting the third thousand when Brenda asked me what I was doing. I could not hold the money in my hand I had already counted and continue counting so I handed her the $3,000. She stood there with mouth gaped opened in surprise. I hurriedly finished counting the remain money in the envelope. Another $2,000. That made a total of $5,000. We were both stunned. I am still stunned reading this. Praise God for His abundant provision. 

God knew our need. Car repairs. We have spent close to $10,000 thousand dollars on car repairs the past six months and still have more repairs needed. God knew. He saw. He responded. Neither Brenda and I expected such a tangible expression of God's love toward us. We are humbled and grateful. We still do not know whom God used for that unexpected blessing. All we can say is thank you and glory to God. 

God was not through. A couple in the church gave us a 72" television because they got a new one. I felt like I was sitting at court side watching a playoff basketball game. They GAVE it to us. The tv was so large we did not have anything to set it on. In a casual conversation with a man before church a few weeks ago he shoed me a picture of a piece of furniture he built his wife. I asked if he could build something for us. He did and it looks amazing. The stain perfectly matches the furniture in the living room. That customized entertainment center is a blessing. He charged us a very minimal price for it. More unexpected blessings. 

In the rough spots, in the dry seasons, in the hard times it is good to remember these unexpected blessings. It is good to recall the faithfulness of God. All glory to Him for the great things He has done, is doing, and will do in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment