Sunday, November 14, 2021

She Does Not Love Herself

I have carried a burden for this certain lady for some time. I recently asked her friend how I could pray for this troubled young woman. Her friend's answer surprised me when she replied, "She does not love herself."

She acts out. Through acts of rebellion and defiance I think she is screaming out in pain for help. She is hard. Callused. She has a distain for the church and religious people who have judged her, mistreated her and wounded her. What is even more surprising is her father is in the ministry. 

Because she does not love and respect herself, it does not seem to matter what trouble she gets into. She has no self worth. She is living out the labels that has been placed on her.  I do not get to see her often. When I do I am kind to her and tell her of my continued prayers. I care what she does. The only label I put on her is another hurting person looking for love. Looking for the love of anyone. Satan deceives her into thinking she has to stray down sinful paths to find such love. I know that is a dead end path to more misery. 

I wonder how many other people continually wreck their lives because they do not love themselves. They have been labeled as losers, failures, worthless, scum, immoral, addicts, homeless, troubled, criminal, and wicked. Society has disdain for such people. Truth be told many churches do as well. It easy for a person to hate themselves when the very people who are supposed to love them reject them and label them. 

Jesus loves people. All kinds of people. People with all kinds of messy pasts. People with sin, blunders, filled with hate and pain. He specializes in loving the very people society marginalizes. He is an expert at loving and healing people who do not love themselves. Do you know such a person? Then love them to Jesus. Be the hands, feet, heart, and lips of Jesus to such people. Let Him work through you to redeem and transform people much of society and many churches have given up on. He is able to fill the most empty life with His steadfast love and amazing grace. May He do it through you and me this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment