Thursday, September 16, 2021

Seeking Time

 My grandmother from time to time would play hide and seek with me. She used to tell me that she could always find me if she had a notion to do so. I did not know what the word notion meant. I felt like she had some supernatural power. She found me every single time. 

Even when I wedged myself in tight fitting places she still found me. I could not escape her under beds, in closets, in the shower, behind the couch or any other place I could think to hide. When she came seeking she always found me. Seeking time for her meant finding time. 

This is seeking time. We are seeking God while He still may be found. Seeking to know Him. Seeking His heart and mind for our communities and churches. It is seeking time. That means it is praying time, digging in the scriptures time, and listening time. Time to discern the heart and mind of God. Seeking time for Him to come move mightily among us again like He did in the days of old. 

Sadly some skip seeking time. They prefer shortcuts. Seeking time is time consuming. It requires diligence and perseverance. Seeking time is at times lonely. It is time spent shut in the secret place where nobody sees but the Father. 

Seeking time is labor intensive. Praying is hard work. Standing in the gap is like going to war. It is battle. Battle for souls. Battle for the soul of nations. It is intentionally engaging in spiritual warfare. The enemy is sure to attack in retaliation. The attacks can be severe on us and those we love most around us. Our adversary will do all in his power to distract us and discourage us from seeking God's will and favor on our land. Seeking time necessitates resolve to press through. To grow mentally strong to not lose heart. To wear the harness of prayer with determination to plow fallow ground. 

It is seeking time. Are you a seeker? Seekers find God. Seekers find answers to prayer. Seekers see powerful results from their secret intercessions. It is seeking time. Time to seek God with all your might. He longs to be discovered. Seeking time will not be disappointing.

 Jeremiah 29:13 (NASB)

13  'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment