Thursday, August 26, 2021

Waiting on the Fire

 In 1904 God began working deeply in a young man named Evan Roberts. Evan had enrolled in school for training for ministry. He often missed classes and assignments due to God calling him to pray. Professors did not understand and reacted with consternation. 

Evans replied, that he was waiting on the fire. He stated, "I have built the altar and laid the wood in order and prepared the offering. I have only to wait for the fire." For months God awakened Roberts at 1:00 a.m. to pray until 5:00 a.m. God gave Roberts dreams and visions of a great revival. God prepared His servant for the great move to follow. Roberts waited for the fire of God to fall. 

It did fall. God swept over all of Wales in a great awakening. It was reported that 100,000 people were saved in just six months. A great and powerful move of almighty God. 

I am no Evan Roberts. Having said that, I have felt the deep stirrings of God that He is going to send a great revival to Spring Creek and beyond. I have carried that for two years. I have no time frame. I thought it was going to be in late June of 2020. We held the meetings but revival did not come. To add insult to injury I got the Corona virus the day after the revival meetings ended. The virus swept through our church in weeks following impacting dozens of people. 

I could not understand and still do not understand. That does not alter the fact that God keeps stirring me that a great revival is coming. I really do not know a date. I am increasingly convinced it will not be a  scheduled event. It will come at the time of God's choosing. We are waiting for the fire. The fire of God that falls through the Holy Spirit flowing freely through hearts and collectively through congregations. 

In that time God will do more in days than all our human effort has accomplished in decades. So I urge you to keep waiting on the fire of God to fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment