Monday, April 6, 2020

Break Up The Fallow Ground

Father,

I ask You to take the plow of Your spirit and let it cut down deep through the dry crusty fallow ground of my soul. Please let your blade dig deep through the hard surface ground plunging beneath to the richer more fertile ground below. I ask You to plow deeper than my apathy, lethargy, excuses, sin, compromise and hypocrisy. I ask You to plow through all the layers until You get to the core of my soul. The inner most truth of who I am past who people think I am.

I ask You to break up my fallow ground so I no longer try to justify my barren condition and unfruitfulness in my own eyes. Let the blade of Your plow turn over every unprofitable thing in my life until I am broken, repentant and fully yielded to You.

I ask You to cut deep so I am driven to the prayer closet in tearful repentance. Until Your fire burns in me once again. Until zeal and passion to seek and serve You consume me. Run your plow through my fallow ground that has not been cultivated in a long time. No part of my soul left unplowed and unattended.

Once You get to fertile soil I ask You to sow seeds of a deeper love for You. Deeper than any love I've ever known for anyone or anything. I ask You to sow a burden for the United States so deep I cannot shake it. In that freshly plowed soil, please let my heart remain tender to the things that stir Your heart. Burdened for what weighs on Your heart. Fueled by resolve and zeal that are Yours.

In that new turned over soil of my soul, I ask for those seeds to germinate and take root. I ask You to fertilize them in Your presence until they grow and produce a harvest of fruit. Fruitfulness for You. In all of that, may my name and my achievements be lost and hidden in You. May my name fade from history but Your name be exalted forever out of the broken fallow ground of my life.

In Your name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment