Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Fault Finder

There are people who strive to find fault in others. They scrutinize, criticize and analyze those around them. They find fault in all sorts of ways. They are quick to point out these faults too. They cut and slash with their words. They draw other's attention to the faults they find. They embarrass and humiliate victims caught in their crosshairs. They love to point out the imperfections in others while ignoring their own imperfections.

When confronted with their own faults they extend extravagant grace to themselves while judging others. Such people love to point out their own successes to make themselves look important and successful before men. Fault finders hate it when others find fault in them. They are quick to explain away their mistakes, blunders and faults.

Matthew 7:1-5 (NKJV)
1  "Judge not, that you be not judged.
2  For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
3  And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4  Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5  Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Judge not. A good word for many Christians. It is easy to find fault in others. It is easy to judge. Jesus commanded His followers not to judge. The fault finding holier than thous can't seem to help themselves. They want to play police officers in the church. They try to be the rule and the law. They sit on their private judicial benches passing out judgment on anyone with whom they find fault. 

How easily the fault finder forgets the same measure they use to judge others can be just as easily turned back on themselves. They would not like it I am betting. 

Why do fault finders exert so much energy looking at the speck in someone else's life but not considering the plank in their own life. To put it another way, why does the fault finder spend so much time looking for sin and faults in others while not giving attention to their own sins like judging, not extending grace and tearing people down. 

I have certain people in mind I've met over the years. They looked for fault in my life, my wife, my kids, and the people I loved and served. They were and are quick to call people out. They point out to anyone who listen the faults of others. I have had enough. Most are not bold enough to hold such people accountable. Most will do most anything to avoid confrontation. Well today it is time to turn the tables on them. It is time to name names and point out their faults. It is time to set the record straight. Ready or not......

No. No, I  will not go there. I will not be such a fault finder. I have my own sins to fight against. I will not be a fault finder or a stone thrower. I have received grace. Jesus has dealt with me in mercy. I will do the same even for the fault finders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment