Saturday, July 1, 2023

Message in the Mountains

 I preached the past two nights outdoors with a fast running stream to my back. We all circled a campfire to worship and get into God's word surrounded by towering trees and a mountain at my back. I never had to compete with the noise from a running stream in preaching. There are no sound systems. No lights. No modern worship centers. There are several dozens of us gathered under the cathedral of star lit skies. It is worship in its purest form. Simple. 

People are meeting God in the mountains. That is why we came. Sins have been confessed. Prayers have been offered for the broken. Worship has been authentic. Breakthroughs have come and we still have two more nights. 

Making this trip all the more special for me is that Turner, our youngest son, is teaching the morning Bible studies. God is using him. He is connecting with the students and adults. I have enjoyed sitting back and watching God work through him. It is evident God's hand is on him. 

For those praying for us please keep it up. We need all we can get for God to really have His way among us. I trust tonight to be even more powerful than the past two nights. I am thankful for this opportunity to preach God's message in the mountains of  Sipapu, NM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment