Friday, March 3, 2023

Thank You

 Spring Creek Baptist Church is a great group of folks. Loving. Generous. Kind, Servant minded. Hard working. Prayerful. Willing to walk out faith. Hungry for God's word. Open minded. 

Over the past three and a half years Spring Creek has blessed the Edwards family numerous times and in numerous ways. They are stepping up for us again in a HUGE way again this weekend. Taylor, our oldest son, is getting married tomorrow. They planned for an outdoor wedding, but the weather did not cooperate. I watched a group of people work long into the night last night to decorate transforming oru gym into an elegant venue for the reception and get ready for the big event. Several reconvened today to finish up before the rehearsal dinner tonight. 

How can Brenda and I really ever express our deep gratitude for people who go above and beyond to show love? They support our family. Just saying thank you is not enough. My vocabulary hinders me from expressing the depth of our feelings. We love this flock. We have loved each flock we served. Spring Creek is special. Maybe it goes back to my serving as youth minister at this church 33 years ago. Maybe it is because they are just great people. Perhaps it is because Brenda and I feel at home at Spring Creek. We got married just two months after we started serving there over three decades ago. We cut our teeth in ministry with some of these same folks. God has added wonderful people to us over the past three years. They have endeared themselves to us too in a short time. 

So many pastors begrudge the people they serve. I admit I did that also a long time ago. It is different today. Spring Creek lets me be me. I do not have to jump through hoops. I serve with deacons who are real servants. They delight in serving. I also serve with women who rally the troops in times of need and bereavement. They continually find ways to bless our family too. They make us feel wanted and hard for us to ever want to leave. We can never repay all that they have done and are doing for us. 

They even willingly share me with TCA as a coach and at times a substitute teacher. They do not begrudge the time I devote to ministering to students. It is a delight to shepherd this flock. Spring Creek is a special church. I am both humbled and honored to serve them. From the bottom of my heart, I say thank you to a flock who has my love and devotion. It is not much, but it is all that Brenda and I have to give. 

No comments:

Post a Comment