Saturday, March 11, 2023

Confusion

 My mind is cluttered with confusion, 
An unwanted and unwelcomed intrusion, 
Sleep escapes me through midnight, 
Mental gymnastics make me sit upright, 
The mind whirling like a tuned machine,  
Unable to stop working so I can sleep in, 
So, I pound the keys on this keyboard, 
To work through my confusion galore, 
In these still moments God is also awake, 
Reminding me He will never ever forsake,
He quiets the mind with timely words divine, 
Soothing my thoughts leading to the sublime, 
He is not the author of confusion tonight, 
It comes from the adversary the devil's delight, 
Our eternal foe who works his fiendish deceit, 
Jesus died to bring his crushing eternal defeat, 
What Satan meant for evil these long hours, 
God gives refuge to me in His strong tower, 
God will clear the fog of thoughts troubled, 
His peace will return poured out doubled, 
God is faithful proving He is trustworthy, 
Believing sleep to return these hours so early.


No comments:

Post a Comment