Friday, May 28, 2021

I Do Not Understand

 I do not understand all Your purposes and ways,

Why there are so many painful saturated days, 

I cannot comprehend all the sickness and disease, 

While others live pain free lives of relative ease, 

Questions go unanswered leaving people discontent, 

Grappling with life issues the mind cannot orient, 

Oppressive burdens weigh heavy pushing sheep down, 

The weight sinks and many feel their faith will drown, 

While You remain silent seemingly for suffering alone, 

While You hold all the power seated on Your throne, 

I dare not judge You mighty God with feeble mind, 

Answers that are beyond understanding I can't find, 

Instead I come like a little helpless broken lad, 

Needing comfort and reassurance from my Dad, 

Father, You are bigger than piercing searing pain, 

You are still shelter when I'm drenched by life's rain, 

In Your presence is delight and reason to rejoice, 

In faith and praise I continue to lift up my voice, 

I trust You in life's hours of pitch black darkness, 

I trust in the grip of life's unrelenting harshness, 

I may never fully be able to totally understand, 

Ways that higher and greater than I comprehend, 

You have earned the right to be trusted and believed,

So I press on in faith that You long ago conceived,

Trudging through these endless times of trials, 

 Your love for me is  reason for endless smiles. 




No comments:

Post a Comment