Monday, July 6, 2020

Anchored

When we think about boats or ships there is so much to catch the eye. The shape and size of the craft. The size of the engine. The purpose of the vessel such as for; sailing, fishing, skiing, cruising, or war. One of the things most would not pay much attention to would be the anchor. The dropped anchor holds the vessel fast. 

We are living in very chaotic times. I keep hearing people say, "Whoever dreamed we would see such things in our lifetimes." Our world has fundamentally changed. It will never be the same again. Chaos seems to be increasing. At the same time, peace seems to be decreasing in society. It is both an interesting and challenging time to be alive. 

In a time when people are finding it harder to cope with unpleasant realities, where is the anchor? The things people anchored their lives to in the past have all crumbled and leaving people adrift. Financial security gone. Career advancement limited in a down turn economy. Education unstable as millions fight for the same jobs. Sports gone over night.  Even family has added stress during these times of quarantining and social distancing. People once found anchor in the church, but even the church has been adversely affected by the pandemic. Just when most churches were getting back open many have shut down again due to the widespread pandemic. 

The racial upheaval has left many unsure as to what to say or wear for fear of backlash. This includes the church. Society has censored what words are acceptable. They are trying to remove the word "master." Jesus is my MASTER! I am his bondservant or dare I say it, I am a slave to Jesus Christ. Not involuntarily but voluntary servitude to the one who saved my soul and transformed my life. 

Jesus is not only my Master, He is my King. He is also my anchor. The one I hold fast to. In these turbulent days, Jesus is what gives us a steadfast foundation. When everything else is crumbling, Jesus still stands firm. He is a rock. He is also the anchor people need today. Even more so as the end draws near. Set your souls deep in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment