Monday, August 26, 2019

Power Band Of 20

After our evening service we loaded into our vehicles and made our way to Floyd Court where we gathered for a home prayer meeting/fellowship. In attendance were senior adults, young adults, teenagers and children. We divided into a group of men and a group of women. This included the teenagers and the children old enough to participate.

I prayed with twelve warriors. Men, teenagers and children who all prayed like warriors. The whole scene moved me deeply. It's been awhile since I attended a prayer meeting where 20 people showed up. They knew the purpose of our gathering was to pray. The fellowship afterward took a back seat. I wish I could relay some of those prayers. Even the young ones prayed like they meant business. And I have no idea what the women prayed.

As a church we have committed ourselves to praying. It is not coincidence that since doing that we have seen an increase in attendance. Visitors show up. Yesterday we rejoiced as a young boy made a public profession of his faith testifying to trusting Jesus for salvation at VBS. He wants to follow in baptism. Another spoke to me about baptism after the service.

God is starting something here. Certainly not anything I can take credit for. Excitement is building. Attendance is increasing. Vision is expanding. And I attribute all of it to God answering the prayers of His people.

Matthew 7:7-8 (ESV)
7  “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8  For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment