Thursday, August 29, 2019

My Cancellation - God's Appointment

I had lunch plans today. They got cancelled. I normally bring my lunch and eat in the office but did not do so today. I mulled over what I should do for lunch. If I had known it wouldn't work out to keep my appointment I would have brought my lunch.

Sitting at my computer finishing up some work a thought entered my mind. Before I tell you the thought I have to backtrack one week ago. I met a pastor/mentor friend for lunch last week at Whataburger. I enjoy our times together. He forgot his briefcase and the manager caught us before we got too far out the door. He went back to get his case and I had a chance to invite her to church. She seemed interested.

Now fast forward to today. With no lunch plans I contemplated what to do. I kept having this thought I needed to go back to Whataburger to make more contact with that manager. I also felt like I should give her a business card and one of my books. So off I went.

It worked out beautifully. She took my order at the counter. No other customers were behind me so I did not feel rushed with her. I reminded her who I was and gave her the book and the business card. She thanked me for thinking of her and assured me she would get out there one day. I sat down to wait on my order. When I got it and was about to exit another employee on break got my attention to ask me a question. She was holding the book I gave the manager reading it. The manager assured me from across the room she was just letting her read it on break. I talked briefly with the second lady knowing God orchestrated all of that.

My plans got cancelled. God had a whole other appointment in mind. His plans are far better than mine. Whataburger has become a hot spot. I shall frequent there again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment