Wednesday, March 20, 2019

We Have Because We Asked

On February 27 I wrote a blog titled, "We Have Not Because We Ask Not." In the blog I recounted stories of asking God for things and Him working and providing those specific things. I also wrote about some times when I did not lead the people of God to ask.

Then I cited such an example. I mentioned our church needing a crib, me a desk and bookshelves for my office. God convicted me that I had not led the church to ask God for those things. So I did. We asked. In simple childlike faith we asked. We asked repeatedly. For three weeks we asked and waited to see what God would do.

This is an update. Late Monday night I received a text from a friend who told me he was getting a new desk for his office and wanted to give me his old desk. A desk that is not old. A desk he and his wife personally bought for his office. He told me he felt like he was supposed to give it to me. His wife said she had planned on selling the desk but was in agreement with giving the desk to me. WOW. Coincidence or God heard our prayer and intervened to answer? You already know what I think.

The same week our music minister heard about a church giving away several items. That church had remodeled their facilities and had several old items to donate. He went to see if they had anything we needed. He found among several other things baby cribs and bookshelves. Again I ask, coincidence or divine intervention. We asked and a church just happened to give away the very items we prayed for. It does not matter if those things were used. One man's junk is another man's treasure the saying goes. We asked God for some specific things and He provided for those specific things.

This past Sunday afternoon while leading a Bible study about the body of Christ and how God adds people to the body as He chooses,  I asked the group this question, "Whom do we need God to add to this body." They made a list. Teachers. Instrumentalists. Vocalists. Children and Youth leaders. Nursery workers. Workers. Guess what we did after the list was completed. Yep. We paused and asked God to add those people to our body. I have personally asked God for those people everyday since.

If God does what He did with the cribs, desk and bookshelves I expect God will very soon start adding some very specific people to our body so we can function properly. That little group in our Bible study will know we asked and God supplied as each of those persons comes to Heritage.

O people. How often do we not have because we did not ask. Now I realize that many of you have asked repeatedly and not received. So have I. I have prayers not answered I have prayed for years. I keep asking. I keep seeking. I keep knocking. I expect if I am praying in God's will each of those requests will be answered in God's perfect timing.

I am excited God answered some very specific things in a relative short time for Heritage Baptist Church. I trust it will increase the faith of our congregation. I trust our faith will increase to believe God for even greater things. I hope our little testimony does that for you too.

Matthew 7:7-8 (NKJV)
7  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment