Saturday, March 30, 2019

God At Work In My Son

Turner sat on a bench at the staging area in a track meet to pray before running the 400 meter dash. While he prayed others around him boasted about what they would do. Turner asked God to help him. Turner's best finish in that individual race was third place. He works tirelessly to improve but knew to perform his best he needed God's help.

The race had two heats. Turner ran in the first one. He ran well finishing first. Faster and stronger than we have seen him run. We timed the other heat and there were some fast runners in that heat as well. I tried to keep up with the times to see if Turner would even place.

Much later in the meet they finally announced the final results of the 400 meter race. When they did not mention Turner's name I was disappointed for him. That is they did not mention his name until they announced the winner and the winning time. God helped Turner. He ran three seconds faster than he has ever run before. He immediately gave glory and credit to God for such an accomplishment.

I watched God at work in my son. Turner gets it. It is not about Him. It is all about Jesus.
John 3:30 (NASB)
30  "He must increase, but I must decrease.

What could God do in and through all of us if we just surrendered to Him and leaned on Him more fully? I am inspired to see. If God can work through my son at a track meet how can He work through me in everyday life for His glory and to expand His Kingdom. I want to expend the rest of my days finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment