Thursday, March 21, 2019

Glory Tires

Glory tires surely sounds like a strange title. You know there has to be a story behind it and of course there is. I gladly tell it.

Just about a year ago I bought two new tires for my truck. Tucker drove it at the time. I needed four tires but only had enough money for two. I planned on getting the other two quickly. Weeks turned into months. Months became six months and then nearly a year. Every time we had the money saved something would happen. Our sons in college needed money. They needed gas money, money to live on, and tuition moneyWe ended up buying three batteries for their cars and new tires for one of our son's trucks. We had unexpected medical expenses. There was not enough for the two new tires. I had to buy tires for Brenda's vehicle.

Brenda and I were faithful with our money. We gave to our church. We sacrificed when God instructed us to. We  also did what we always do in such situations. We prayed. We asked God for two tires. I know that sounds a little crazy but for months I actually prayed for two tires. Nothing happened. No provision came we could use for tires. So we waited and prayed some more.

The  old tires on my truck got so slick they continually spun out in rainy weather. They also gave way spinning out on dry pavement as well. Months and months of praying and nothing changed.

This past Sunday a man in our church asked me about those tires. I tried to avoid the conversation and even change the subject but he persisted asking. I could not lie. Finally I told him the truth. He asked me the size of the tires. He ordered tires and paid for them. Today I had them installed. They are glory tires. Jesus once again answered our prayers. We asked for two tires and that is exactly what God provided. Glory tires for He gets all the glory for them.

For several weeks I've stood on John 14:14.

John 14:14 (NKJV)
14  If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Jesus knew I needed the tires. They were becoming unsafe. Most days I drive over 100 miles a day. I use my truck to minister. Today I used it to share Jesus with Mary. Soon I will leave to go and talk to Mark. Last night I used it to preach to several dozen students and at a youth meeting. We did not have the money. We had a need. I took Jesus at His word. I asked in His name and in His time He answered and gave just what I needed and asked for.

I asked in His name to meet the need. He could have done it the first time I asked. For His purposes He delayed testing my faith. He came through. He worked. He provided. He heard. He moved. Now my black truck has glory tires on the rear. I praise and glorify Him for those tires. Once again He gave me a platform to testify for Him. That is exactly what I did. I praise Him for it. I glorify Him for it.

What next? What do I need for Jesus to do for me next? I trust Him to pay off the $84,000 debt on our facilities at Heritage. I trust God to add instrumentalists, vocalists, teachers and workers to our church body. I trust Him to begin saving the lost and growing our church. I trust Him  personally to pay off my home. I trust Him to provide my wife with a vehicle debt free. I trust Him to bless Brenda and I so much financially that we are able to give a gift of tens of thousands of dollars to pay off the debt at our church.

If God can supply glory tires He can supply all the above and more.

Ephesians 3:20-21 (NKJV)
20  Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
21  to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment