Monday, February 6, 2023

Volcano Eruption

 I went to a preaching opportunity this morning. God awakened me at a ridiculous hour. I did not get up immediately but remained in the bed praying for the upcoming preaching assignment. I carried the burden of that message for months. Months ago God opened the door. Almost as soon as I received the invitation God impressed a message on my heart. It felt like molten lava boiling beneath the surface. Slowly building toward an eruption. Boiling over and bubbling in intensity. 

I arrived at the preaching destination early where I prayed more. The truth burning in me intensified as the preaching hour neared. As the auditorium filled with people,  I heard several asking who was scheduled to preach. I did not tell anyone it was me. Not until I had to be wired with a microphone. God gave laser focus on the mission at hand. A very clear and deliberate word to be expounded. A volcano of truth to erupt. 

I hid in a little hallway behind the stage to wait and pray. I remained there during the worship and teared up when one of the songs directly related to the message God had. When it came time to deliver the word of God, the volcano of truth erupted with passionate force. The room was silent. The presence of God felt heavy. The weighty sense of God settling in the room among the worshipers seemed evident. The hearers were hit in the face with the volcanic force of truth from scripture and the heart of God. I did not preach long. I did not have to. Twenty minutes and I sensed God wanted people to respond. I stopped preaching and prayed leaving the results in God's hands. 

Many responded publicly for prayer. Some prayed in groups. Some prayed with counselors. Others prayed alone. Some stood in a daze unsteady and unsure at what had just happened. God met His people. He drenched all of us in His presence. The volcano of His truth and presence touched many lives.  Mine as much as anyone. To Him be the glory for all He has done and will continue to do in the days ahead for those hearers. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment