Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Early Morning Workout

 I arrived at TCA early like I do most mornings to pray before power lifting workouts began. God weighed a devotion on my heart to share before the lifting started. The more I prayed the more I sensed God had a different workout in mind. I told one of the coaches I would be surprised if any weights got lifted this morning. I shared from Genesis 18 and then asked a question found in the text. Is anything too difficult for God?

We opened it up to pray for students. If they wanted prayer, they would sit on a wooden box. It started slowly. Awkwardly for people to deal with such heavy issues so early in the morning. That began just around 6:40 a.m. At 8:10 a.m. they were still praying. More students came as the track athletes came in for their early morning workout. They joined right in. Maybe a group of about 50 in all. Weights were not lifted. Heavy burdens were. There was no physical perspiration but there was soul sweat. Tears flowed, hands were laid, faith filled fervent prayers were offered, and God took over. As far as I know He is still moving down below. Prayer requests ranged from family issues, lost being saved, silent requests, to several wanting more fire in their souls. Students prayed for coaches and students alike. Some appeared uncomfortable. A few left. Most stayed. Schedules went out the window. An important meeting for the entire junior class had several absent the leader scrambling to find them. When I told her where the students were she was forced to start the meeting without them. 

The bell rang for classes to open. People stayed and prayed. The tardy bell. A group of over 50 students remained in the weight room interceding for one another. I left sensing I needed to get out of God's way. I shared the move of God with some other adults. I even got to pray for the principal who wanted the fire in him. God is on the move. Those students stayed until 9:20 praying and worshiping God. They missed their first hour classes. Revival fire is spreading. A lady showed me an article where God broke out at Texas A&M. 

What started at Asbury University has spread much further. I am praying God ignite this move into a spiritual awakening. All reports I read and hear about are of God moving among students. I pray we adults will get just as hungry and just as thirsty for God. I don't want God to pass any of us by as He works His wonders across the nation. 

I will long remember this early morning workout that might still be going on as I write this in the weight room. God is doing something special down there. I am grateful I got to see it for myself. Do it again Lord. Do it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment