Monday, January 16, 2023

Time Stand Still

 Recently I was in the secret place meeting with God. It will be hard to convey what I experienced that morning. Words like contentment, satisfaction, fulfillment, and peace can only describe in part how I felt. That morning I did not do much talking. I sat before the Lord in silence. I did more listening than talking. More enjoying than asking. 

The conditions were perfect. It was early in the morning. The only sound I heard was the compressor clicking on the mini-fridge in the office. Other than that it was perfectly hushed. Nobody else was around. Nobody even knew I was in the secret place. Nobody but God. I met Him that morning. I sensed His presence settle over me. Nothing else mattered in that moment. 

That is when the deepest longings of my heart formed the sentence, "Lord, make time stand still. I want this to last." I did not want it to end. I did not want other responsibilities to press on me to have to leave. I did not want to be interrupted by other people invading my secret place. I did not want to be pulled away by other distractions. I yearned for eternity. 

In that hour, I craved God more than anything else in this world. It felt like every cell in my body reached out in yearning toward God. The perfect combination of silence, solitude, a hungry heart and thirsty soul, and a God who longs to draw nearer and nearer to His children. 

I lost track of reality. I had no concept of time. I lost touch with my surroundings. Nothing else mattered in those moments but meeting with God. I really wanted time to stand still. It was a moment I longed to make last as long as possible. There is so much more of God to discover and to pursue. That fuels getting up and frequenting the secret place. God encounters happen there. Such sacred times makes one wish time could stand still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment