Thursday, January 5, 2023

My Last Blog

 Life is busy. As busy as I can ever remember with teaching, preaching, shepherding, planning, administrating, and coaching. My days start early and I usually fall asleep in the recliner before going to bed each evening. Not that I am complaining. I love all of it. Such a jam packed schedule does not leave time for writing. Even when the creative juices flow there just is not enough time or energy to write. This saddens me because I love this ministry penning things in the hopes that it might help someone. Something had to give. Writing and reading have fallen to the side in recent days. 

My last blog...was written on Nov 17th. Nearly a month and a half ago. I have a long list of to do things for today, but I decided it was time to get back in the saddle and pound the keyboard a little this morning. Most people I know are busy. Few of those people live really disciplined lives to make the most of each day. I have made a few schedule changes. I hope this will accommodate more time for the things I love like writing. I trust God to help me be more focused and intentional in this vital ministry. 

The word definition for discipline means to practice a code to live by. Most people equate discipline to will power. I think Paul saw it differently as the Holy Spirit inspired him to write Gal 5:22-23 about the fruit of the spirit. Nestled in that list in verse 23 are the words self control. In the original language that means mastery. Holy Spirit led mastery over our thoughts, actions, and reactions. 

The Holy Spirit masters our bodies so that we are more fruitful and productive for Him. We do so in order to bring more glory to Him. We read in [John 15:8] My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and prove to be my disciples. One of the ways we bear more fruit is through prayer. See verse seven of Matthew 15. It is through prayer that we yield to the Holy Spirit trusting to work in us, through us, and around us to bear fruit for God. One of the the ways I get to do this is by sitting at this keyboard and relaying to readers what He impresses to me. 

Part of that fruit bearing for me is to write more. To master through submission to the Holy Spirit my time better so as to leverage its use for more ministry. Last year I wrote 169 posts. My last post was written on November 17. Today is January 5th. I did not write a sentence for the last 48 days of 2022. With God's help and mastery by the Holy Spirit I hope to beat 169 posts  in 2023 even though I am already behind several days going into the new year. With Holy Spirit control I trust to make up lost ground and be more consistent in writing throughout the year. Hopefully there will be much more where this came from. See you soon with the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment