Tuesday, August 30, 2022

False Prophet

 I received a letter in the mail. A letter from a so-called prophet to the United States. It piqued my curiosity. I started reading. Here is the first line, "If this gets thru the filters all the way to the senior pastor, I just want you know what crud you are." 

You probably noticed the word thru was misspelled. That was not the only misspelled word THROUGH the four pages worth of supposed prophetic words. The author is not fond of pastors. More than once he used profanity such as a-- and da--. He calls pastors out for not preaching about the coming judgment of God. I guess he has is not aware of our prophecy class where all these things are touched on week after week. 

Suffice it to say I do not believe this man is a prophet. God does not misspell words or needs to use profanity to get His point across. It saddens me if anyone follows this man. He appears to me to be a self-appointed prophet. 

Do I believe God can still reveal His word to prophets? Maybe I am in the minority, but I do. Now having said that, I cannot tell you that I have ever been around a prophet or received a credible word from the Lord from a prophet. 

There is a biblical litmus test for prophetic ministry. Did the prophecy come true? If not, such prophets were stoned in the Old Testament. Anybody can claim to be a prophet these days. People flock to hear them, read them, and follow them. It does not matter if the prophecies come true. 

True prophets hear from God. True prophecies come true. It does not take a prophet to know that God's judgment is impending. It is plainly written. We just might be the terminal generation. The last generation before the rapture and the Great Tribulation. God operates in grace now. The age of grace will come to an end. Judgment is coming. America needs to repent. To get ready before it is too late. 

You do not hear a lot of preaching about repentance these days. Preachers carefully craft messages that tickle the ears. The prophet's words in the Old Testament did not tickle the ears. Read Jeremiah, Joel, Amos, Habakkuk, and Haggai.  They heard and proclaimed hard words filled with warnings to repent or face the consequences of God's wrath. That pattern has not changed today. We need to heed prophetic words. Only not from FALSE PROPHETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment