Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Prayers Worthy Of You

I came before the Lord in prayer recently. and started to make my requests and paused. I reflected on the greatness of God. I pondered His vastness. I meditated on His massiveness. Suddenly I realized everything I was just about to pray seemed trivial. Beneath Him. Prayers so inconsequential they need not be prayed.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am not referring to the fact that matters impacting us are not important to God. He cares for us. He is involved with us. He is concerned with the things that concern us. I am only saying on the aforementioned day, all that I intended to bring before Him seemed unworthy.

I prayed a prayer I never voiced before. "Lord, help me to pray prayers worthy of You."

He is a great God. The list of His attributes could go into infinity. I feel His significance and my insignificance. I sense His greatness and my ordinariness. I am aware of His all powerful nature in contrast to my weak nature. I am not even worthy to come into His presence much less to address Him.

God does not want my eloquence. It is not eloquent to Him. He wants my sincerity. My fervency. My trust. He wants to answer grand prayers that maximize His glory when I testify. He wants me to remember who I am talking to. He does not want my whining but my confident asking. I come only because He allows it. He beckons me. He invites all of us. May we come standing on the following scripture.

Hebrews 4:16 (ESV)
16  Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Coming confidently means coming boldly. It means coming bluntly, outspokenly, plainly and assuredly. In doing that, I want all of us to offer prayers worthy of who He is and reflective of what He can do. Truly nothing is too difficult for Him. [Jer 32:17] Let us pray like we believe that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment