Friday, December 27, 2019

Unspoken

There are things within that are broken,
Some things are better left unspoken,
Wounded things battered and bruised,
Weary and worn things feeling abused,
In the shadows nobody understands,
Pain so deep few can comprehend,
While others enjoy the festive season,
Toxic thoughts in my head are legion,
Others able to rejoice and can celebrate,
I left alone to muse and contemplate,
The battles are so fierce - exhausting,
My iced over faith needs defrosting,
I sink and am stuck in this quagmire,
Not a destination I've ever desired,
There are things within that are broken,
Some things are better left unspoken,
They mount up like high piled boulders,
This heavy weight sitting on my shoulders,
It feels my knees wobbly near to buckle,
Tasting bitter rather than life's honeysuckle,
Pounded by waves crashing unrelenting,
A strong stand of faith they're preventing,
Through blinded eyes of tearful sorrows,
I long for better days - for better tomorrows,
Many times in past I've been here before,
This battered vessel will again come ashore,
But for now, some things within are broken,
For now, some things better left unspoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment