Tuesday, November 12, 2019

500

It started April 12th 2018. I started writing these blogs on this site. At the end of 2018 God enabled me to write over 220 posts. Today is a milestone for this author. Today marks the 274th post for the year. More importantly it marks the 500th post of this new blog.

I had an old one. www.nocompromisefbc.blogspot.com. Over the span of a decade God inspired and helped me write 1,640 articles for that site. It spanned three ministries in three different churches. There were high times and some very low times. Those writings covered a wide range of topics. The site is still up though I do not use it anymore. I quit using that one back in 2017. I felt I needed a fresh start. A new focus.

So came the birth of the follow hard site. In less than two years, God has given me much to write about. There is so much more I want to write about. Some of this material comes from private devotions. As God speaks to me, I share that with others. Much of the inspiration comes from everyday life. Life is filled with mystery, intrigue, laughter, sadness, beauty, horror, sin and salvation. God sits triumphantly on His throne watching over all of it. Many times He uses a word in a conversation, an experience, a verse, a scene beheld, a story from the news or something I read to fuel these writings.

Many times I get frustrated because the ideas come faster than I have the time to write them down. Many times a flash of inspiration comes and I think, "I need to write about that," but I forget because I did not jot the idea down. If I were smart, I would keep a little notebook on me to continually jot down these inspirations to share through written word.

In 500 writings, sometimes I felt victorious. It seemed everything went right for me. At other times, I fought through the depths of despair. In those moments writing became therapy to work through it much like David did in the Psalms. There have also been times when I wrote out of conviction. Some when He sowed me a new revelation I'd never seen in His word before.

Through all of it I've had two desires. I want to glorify God with this ministry. Some say God gave me a gift in writing. Writing feels as natural to me as a hammer in the hand of carpenter. He put that in me. I give all glory to Him for it. Secondly, I write to help people. Sometimes that might mean comforting people. Sometimes it means afflicting the comfortable.

Some days I am moved so deeply it can only come out in poetry. I have even written fictional material to make a spiritual point. All in hopes that through the ministry of the written word I might minister to more than I do through the preached word.

This site is not even two years old yet. I pray for the endurance and inspiration to write the next 500 and eventually thousands. May He use it for His glory and help people around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment