Thursday, August 1, 2019

Lord, What Do You Have On Your Mind

I sat before the Lord in a quiet isolated room and asked Him, "Lord, what do you have on your mind?" My intent was not come with a list of requests. My intent was not to do all the talking. My intent was to listen to Him. To find out what He is thinking?

That may sound unusual. Is it really?

Jeremiah 33:3 (ESV) :
3  Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

God has great and hidden things that we do not know. That I in particular do not know. Like, what does God intend for the Spring Creek community and Weatherford, TX at large? What does God intend to do at Spring Creek Baptist Church.? These are things I cannot know unless He reveals them. So I call out to Him. I call out in faith that He will answer and show me.

Jeremiah 29:13 (ESV)
13  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

I am seeking Him. I want to discover more of Him. His promise is this is possible if I seek with all my heart. In the seeking I know He has so much to show me. I want to learn and discover more.

Amos 3:7 (ESV)
7  “For the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.

Whatever those secret things are I want God to reveal them to me. So I ask. So as not to go out on my own agenda. I ask because I believe when God intends to do something somewhere He reveals it and calls people to join Him.

He revealed to Abraham he would be the father of a great nation. He revealed to Noah he should build an ark. He revealed His commandments and glory to Moses. He revealed courses of action and military strategy to David. He revealed Paul's purpose and mission for life.

I believe we should expect Him to do the same with us. To reveal what is on His heart and mind. That will require some time for us to slow down and be attentive. When He reveals what is on His heart and mind and calls us to join Him in steps of faith He demands obedience.

So Lord, what do You have on your mind.......

No comments:

Post a Comment