Sunday, September 11, 2022

Remember

 Do you remember where you were 21 year ago on this day? I certainly do. I had just finished praying with a group of men. We walked out to the news about planes hitting the World Trade Center towers. We stood in disbelief watching the news. We saw the second plane hit. We watched as the first tower crumbled. So did my heart. I went to the car and called Brenda. We checked the boys out of school to spend the day together. It was a day of national mourning. I am sure people felt the same way upon hearing about Pearl Harbor. About President Kennedy getting assassinated. 

I felt disbelief. Unshakable grief. Emotionally numb. I stayed glued to the tv for news coverage. I reflected on the near 3,000 people who died. I watched as people walked around in a daze in New York City looking for lost loved ones hoping for the best and yet fearing the worst. 

We said we would never forget. We have. It has been a long since I thought about the events of that day. Watching old videos brought all those memories back. They brought a tug on the old heart strings. A sadness in my soul. It happened a long time but today I remembered. I remember the since of patriotic pride. The calls to prayer. 

America was vulnerable that day. She is more vulnerable today with the invasion of our southern border. We are vulnerable from without and imploding from within. I remember America as it used to be. Things are changing. The more we turn from God the further it seems He turns from us as a nation. May we remember Him and repent before a worse catastrophe comes our way again. Let's remember God before it is too late. He is what America needs today more than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment