Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Mud Puddle

Texans are known for telling some tall tales. When I was in Arkansas a few weeks ago I could not help but think of a few myself while talking to some of the men up there. You know what they say. Everything is bigger in Texas. I am proud native Texan. One of those tall tales I was tempted to share I held back after visiting a river.

The host pastor took us out one day for a special treat. We drove to the Arkansas river. An impressive river. As we walked up we got to see several pelicans fly off the river startled as we approached. I ventured out as close to the water as I could get on a sand bar and just watched the river flow. Watching the water flow soothed my soul. I could have remained there a lot longer than we stayed lost in my thoughts. I love the outdoors. Arkansas is a very beautiful state.

I spanned the distance from where I stood to the bank on the other side. It was much further than I could throw. It was the widest river I had seen since crossing the Mississippi a few years ago. Then it dawned on me. From my perspective I saw a mighty river. From God's perspective He saw a tiny mud puddle.

We need to remember that. What are you facing today that looks impossible. It does not appear navigable. You may not even think you can survive or ever overcome. You may be exactly right if left on your own. If God is with you what looks impossible to you is doable and no big deal for Him. What looks like a wide river impossible to forge just looks like a mud puddle to Him.

God specializes in turning impossibilities into possibilities. He makes mountains into mole hills. He makes a way where there seems to be no way. He turns rivers into mud puddles. He provides financial needs of any amount by just reaching for pocket change. He can do anything. Nothing is difficult for Him. Learn to view things from His perspective.

Jeremiah 32:17 (NKJV)
17  'Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment