Friday, February 23, 2024

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

 I received a phone call and a text last night that set me off. Don't get me wrong. They were not malicious in nature or even directed toward me. Those messages came from people in the flock being attacked by other followers of Jesus. Both instances those on the attack had to go out of their way to intentionally harm people I care about. This is not the first time. In one family, it has been going on for two years. In the other family, they have been viciously slandered, harassed, and dogged for four months. 

Those messages made my blood boil. I have had enough. Maybe you do not understand. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!! I knew there was only one thing to do to fight back. Not to go confront the ungodly. Not to rally people against the offenders. It is time to go to war. War on my knees to put an end to this cyclical cyclone of criticism. 

I am reminded of the truth of Ephesians 6:12 that our battle is not against flesh and blood. It is easy to make people our target of scorn and scathing rebukes. The truth is a spiritual war is waging all around us. Demons deceive, manipulate and wreak destruction. We are told that the thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy in John 10:10. He is doing a fantastic job of it. 

The church offers very little resistance. As a shepherd, one of my responsibilities is to protect the sheep. The best way I can do that is through fervent intercession for them. If the enemy wants to attack the people, I love then I will go on the attack in return. I'll fight even harder for this flock pleading and trusting God to thwart the wicked schemes of the Devil. 

I am not in retreat mode. I am in full on assault mode. I trust God to throw a monkey wrench in all the Devil's plans to hurt the people I love. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I know the enemy will come after me. He has been doing it for years. The Edwards are no strangers to spiritual warfare. Our adversary has attacked in every conceivable way to make us lose heart, to get us to quit, and stop advancing the kingdom of God. I am not going to retreat. I refuse to sit back in holy huddles safe and secure from the battle. I am running to the battle with sword drawn ready to fight. 

There comes a time when you have to take a stand. When you have to draw a line and defend those you love. I am there on multiple fronts. It will require more time alone in the secret place. More faith. More resolve to win this fight. Enough is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment