Thursday, August 17, 2023

Mind Blowing Work of God

 We trudge through life keeping the same routines and operating in the same old rhythms mundanely day after day. Just ordinary day with ordinary activities. Such ordinary days can almost lull us to sleep spiritually. We crack open our same old Bibles, pray our same old prayers, and worship in our same old ways. We do not expect much from God and typically do not see Him working in powerful ways. 

Every once in a while God does something mind blowing revealing His supernatural power and waking us from our spiritual slumber. I had that experience four nights ago. After another predictably busy Sunday, I geared up for a week where I had commitments four nights in a row. I was probably least excited about the commitment on Monday night. A gathering of preachers to discuss things that held no particular interest to me. 

Toward the end of the meeting, the guy leading it asked if I could stay behind to visit with for a few moments. Let me say up front that in a million years I would never have guessed the mind blowing work of God and opportunity this guy presented to me. I am not at liberty to say what we discussed. It had nothing to do with me leaving Spring Creek. It was such a mind blowing moment that I sat stunned for a few moments. It was hard to take it all in. 

God showed up in such a mighty way in what otherwise was a pretty ordinary day. The revelation of His power in that moment humbled me. Awed me at how great He really is. 

I know many of you want to know what happened. All in due time. Some things have to wait for God's timing like this issue. I never saw the powerful work of God coming. He showed up in such a strong way that I left our little impromptu meeting astonished at the ways of God. When He says nothing is impossible with Him that is true. We tend to forget this in our ordinary days. He has the power and still does the extraordinary. 

You never know when He is going to show up in an extraordinary way and do something mind boggling on any given ordinary day. It makes walking with Him and serving Him such a great adventure. It makes the ordinary days go by with greater contentment when you anticipate God showing up in extraordinary ways. What will He do next? I sit on the edge of my seat in anticipation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment