Monday, November 2, 2020

Voting Biblically

 Millions have already voted in the 2020 Presidential election. Millions more will vote tomorrow. We often hear preachers say we should vote biblically. What does that mean. I would like to offer a few things you should consider biblically when casting your ballot. 

1. You should vote for the most pro-life candidate. 

Psalm 139:13-16 (NASB)
13  For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
14  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
15  My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16  Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

2. You should vote for the most pro-Israel candidate. 

Genesis 12:1-3 (NASB)
1  Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you;
2  And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing;
3  And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."

3. You should vote for the most pro-marriage candidate as defined by the Bible. 

Genesis 2:24 (NASB)
24  For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. 

4. You should  vote for the most pro-work candidate not rewarding those who refuse to work.

2 Thessalonians 3:9-10 (NASB)
9  not because we do not have the right to this, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you, so that you would follow our example.
10  For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either.

There are many others but, this is a good place to start. May God guide you in the polling booth. As a Christian it is our right, privilege and duty to vote. May you do so biblically.  


No comments:

Post a Comment